[C-U Smokefree] Victory!!!! (step 1)

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 23:14:33 CDT 2005

Greetings to all!

In what can only be thought of as an amazing if not
historic turn of events, tonight the Champaign City
Council reversed itself on the issue of holding a
study session, and now the study session is approved!

Many people put in a lot of work to make this happen,
but perhaps most important were our five supporters on
council: Bruno, Rosales, Pirok, Ennen and Jackson.

Thanks to all who came to the meeting and to those who
publicly spoke on the issue this evening.

This was only step one and was much more tumultuous
than it should have been, but remember that only a few
short months we were 8 members opposed and 1 for.
We've come a long way and we should all celebrate our
victory...and then we have to get back to work!

We'll be back...

Prez Scott