[C-U Smokefree] FW: Local Control - Clean Indoor Air

Kathleen Gary kgary at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 15 15:54:12 CST 2005

Show your support by making a call or two to our legislators.  See note
below from Kathy Drea.  I've met with both Naomi Jakobsson and Richard
Winkel on this issue.

Senator Richard Winkel is (217) 328-0400 (Urbana District office) or (217)
782-2507 (Springfield) and ask him to vote Yes on Senate Bill 254.

Please call Rep. Naomi Jakobsson (217) 373-5000 (Champaign District office)
or (217) 558-1009 (Springfield) or Rep. Bill Black (431-1986) and ask them
to vote Yes on House Bill 672.

The YES vote on both SB254 and HB672 reverses "pre-emption" in the IL Clean
Indoor Air Act passed in 1989 (the prohibition of local communities to
legislate their own clean air policy beyond what is stated in the CIA Act).

Kathleen Gary
C-U Smokefree Alliance
(217) 333-8704
kgary at uiuc.edu