[C-U Smokefree] smokefree show and other social events

Nikki Hillier nhillier at cuphd.org
Thu Oct 20 13:18:53 CDT 2005

Hi all-
I'm happy to report that we had a lovely time at the tini tasting last night.  Thanks to all who made it out.

Local columnist Seth Fein was there celebrating his birthday.  He told me that he booked a show at the Canopy Club this Saturday, Cat Power, and the show will be smokefree.  He assured me the auditorium would be smokefree, and possibly the bar area as well.  Tickets are $15, and she's great; lots of people think so.  I'll be there.

Next week, since we will have a regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, our social hour will be on Thursday at Papa Del's 5:30-6-ish.  Then on Thursday November 3rd, Krannert Uncorked is having live music, so that could be our next social hour.  Or if the ordinance passes, do we disband?  I guess we still have Urbana to work on.

-Nikki