[C-U Smokefree] Meetings!

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 08:11:30 CDT 2005

Updates to your calendars -- please attend and help out wherever you can.

First, we all have an exciting opportunity to attend a free day-long s training in Springfield on November 16.  For details, go to www.smokefreeillinois.org and click on the training information on the upper right.  This is provided by the ALA and will be conducted by Americans for Nonsmokers Rights.  It is free and open to all, but it is a workday for most of us. I've already arranged the time away. We should share a ride over among all who want to go.

We have a regular meeting tonight at 5:30 at Parkland College, Room L159.  For details on location, see our website www.cu-smokefree.org. We will be discussing the latest ordinance and upcoming events and strategies.  Don't miss it!  FREE Subway sandwiches and soda will be provided for all who attend.

Our smokefree social this week will be at PapaDel's tomorrow evening at 5:30.  Stop by - these have been fun, relaxing, and smokefree!

I'm going to the hearing in Springfield to testify tomorrow evening - my expenses will be covered by Kathy Drea - so I'm willing to take along anyone who would like to go (up to 3).  Just let me know: sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com. I'll be leaving around 4:30 and back by 10. It does interfere with our social, though.

We still need volunteers to staff the table at the Parkland Health Fair November 1 from 10 to 2.  Let Nikki Hillier know when you can help out: nhillier at cuphd.org.

Finally, we will have our ordinance before Champaign City Council again either November 1st or the 15th.  We're hoping for the 1st - opposition is apparently brewing out there among barflys and veterans.  We need to keep the pressure on.  More tonight!

That's it for now - and we hope to see all of you soon!

CU Smokefree!

The Prez