[C-U Smokefree] Proposed smoking ban fails in Champaign

Maryly Crutcher maryly7 at insightbb.com
Wed Sep 14 15:38:39 CDT 2005

I guess I'm just naive, but I am astonished to see the ban was voted down.
After hearing the logical and passionate arguments and pleas from all of our
side, including the impressive young lady who drove here from Bloomington
and many others, and a purely eloquent presentation by our leader, Prez
Scott, and seeing and hearing how poorly the other side represented their
cause, I felt sure it was likely to pass this time. Kudos to all who came
out to support and especially those who prepared and presented statements to
the backward-thinking Champaign City Council.
But we will never give up.
Maryly Crutcher