[C-U Smokefree] ACT NOW for Urbana Smokefree Ordinance!

Daniel Lewart lewart at cu-smokefree.org
Fri May 19 15:37:03 CDT 2006

C-U Smokefree Alliance,

We have one final hurdle to overcome before Champaign and
Urbana can finally become smokefree.

The Champaign Ordinance is contingent upon Urbana passing its own.
Urbana will vote at their Mon May 22 7pm meeting at 400 S Vine St.

The Urbana City Council is under intense pressure from
the desperate forces of Big Tobacco.  There have been indications
that some Council members may be wavering.

Here is what you can do if you DO want both Champaign and Urbana to
become smokefree:
  1) If you are an Urbana resident, contact your Urbana City Council member.
     http://www.city.urbana.il.us/urbana/city_council/Members.asp
     Complete instructions are on our web page.
  2) Attend Monday night's meeting.  The last thing we need is
     40 pro-smoking bar denizens and none of us there.

Thank you and C-U Smokefree!
Dan
http://www.cu-smokefree.org/