[C-U Smokefree] News-Gazette: The latest from Philo

Scott P Hays sphays at ad.uiuc.edu
Sat May 20 22:15:24 CDT 2006

If anyone should ever think I was in this for my own self-interest - then they should see the commentary from the owner of the Philo Tavern (a block and a half away from me).  Looks like smokers are more welcome than ever out here in these parts...

I should add that I'm NOT anticipating that smokers will be heading out to Philo in droves in any case.

And of course, this is just more evidence that the News-Gazette is at it again.  Can't this paper say ANYTHING positive about a smokefree city?  And if you get the paper, be sure to read how they interpret the quotes of the week from Chris Knight (Blind Pig) and Ken Pirok.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2006/05/20/smokers_welcome_cities_say

CU Smokefree!

Scott
The Prez