[C-U Smokefree] Call to action

Varble, Matt Matt_Varble at admworld.com
Tue May 30 14:05:12 CDT 2006

Hello C-U Smokefree members,

As your Communications Director, I wish to issue an action alert and
request you take some time to write your own letter to the editor of the
News-Gazette expressing your appreciation of the smoking ban that was
passed on May 16th, since it appears that all we are seeing is
orchestrated opposition through bar owners and their surrogates on this
issue. I have recently been informed that they are attempting to wage
their own counter-campaign and really don't believe the majority of
residents support the enactment of the smoking ban.

Please take 5 minutes and submit a letter to the editor here:
http://www.news-gazette.com/editorial/  Some thoughts that could be
incorporated are "sour grapes of the opposition", the 2 years worth of
input and effort on this issue, the large degree of community support
that is behind this smoke free ordinance, and the fact it is a matter of
public health.

We cannot afford to remain sitting on our hands as managing perception
is an important aspect of letting opinion leaders know that we are a
large organization.

I would also be willing to assist anyone who requests revision or input
on their letters prior to submission if you wish.

Thanks,

Matt Varble

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
	This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.