[C-U Smokefree] The public information that Champaign forgot

john martirano johnmartirano at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:57:48 CDT 2007

I think you risk alienating alot of people by appearing to be vindictive.
I argue with my friends and family alot about this issue, and people
take alot of positions,
alot of them think this group is extremist.  I dont agree of course, I
argue that the rest of the country is just a bit backwards and has yet
to catch up with CA where even smokers think public smoking is a
strange idea.

I am going to avoid bars that allow smoking, so long as they allow smoking.

but the list will be very helpful to that end, and I will of course
remember which bars reversed course and which did not.  Its
unfortunate that i  have to avoid my favorite bar, the blind pig.
Chris is blind on this issue and his place has terrible ventilation.
Furthermore, I just came from Chicago where there is a supposed ban...
but it has a grandfather clause and plenty of exceptions... and it
just doesnt work, i was inhaling smoke all evening.

john