[CUWiN-Dev] CUWireless.net move.

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Mar 11 21:08:20 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 08:21:08PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to start working with Stephen Mansour to do our site move to
> Drupal.  What I'll probably ask him to do is mirror all our content and
> then, once the site works perfectly elsewhere, look to do the switch.
> This'll mean that we shouldn't see any downtime on our site while we
> migrate.

Sorry I did not respond earlier re: Drupal, I've been busy.

How does this system help to resolve the historical conflict between
programmers and non-programmers over our web-editing?  It looks like it
is still the worst of both worlds: neither programmer nor non-programmer
has a fluent interface to the content---that is, it doesn't play nice
with either vi/emacs and plain-html, or Word/RTF/whatever.  Maybe I've
missed something.

I would feel better about a switch if Chase endorsed Drupal, if somebody
showed that our historical users and use-cases were accounted for, etc.