[CUWiN-Dev] Quagga Routing Protocol?

Quantum Scientific Info at Quantum-Sci.com
Mon Mar 14 08:02:59 CST 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 18:20, David Young wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 12:40:25PM -0600, Quantum Scientific wrote:
> > zebra
> > bgpd
> > ospfd
> > ospf6d
> > ripd
> > ripngd
> > isisd
>
> hslsd?

The above list is explicitly hooked into Quagga.  What I don't know is whether
Quagga is just a -wrapper- for the routing daemons, meaning that it could do
hslsd as well.  It appears so.  And I don't know how suited HSLS would be to
standard wire routing, and mixed wired/wireless.  I imagine ETX would be
needed, and I'm sure path costs would be affected.

> > Is it possible to use HSLS as a LAN routing protocol?  Advisable to
> > use something else?
>
> I don't understand what you are trying to do.

I'm trying to make IPV6 routing work on our gateway in a way that would be
tightly-coupled with meshed clouds.  Hell, I'd be happy if IPV6 routing
worked at all;  IPV6 is just taking too much time to do right, and that's a
bad sign.

I'm sure you're running the Kame stack natively which seems to be stable, but
Linux users have to run the add-in USAGI stack, and I don't really trust it.
The -native- Linux stack is unusable for secure systems, as no stateful
filtering/connection tracking, nor updates to RFC's, etc.  Primitive.

I've begun studying the CUWin image, and you've got a disciplined install
there.  Nice and clean.  I guess your actual kernel config file is in the
sources?  Is there a reduction script to make a final image? (stripping out
unneeded files)  Have you considered JFFS?

Carl Cook