[CUWiN-Dev] Re: Node Specifications ...

Bill Comisky bcomisky at pobox.com
Wed Mar 16 14:45:31 CST 2005

To quantify:

http://soekris.com/how_to_buy.htm
net4526-30: 133 Mhz CPU, 64 Mbyte SDRAM, 1 Ethernet, 1 Serial, 64 Mbyte CF
Flash, 2 Mini-PCI sockets, PoE.
$136 in quantity of 20

WRAP2C: 266 MHz National Geode SC1100 CPU, 64MB SDRAM, 1 Ethernet, 2
mini-PCI, PoE, serial?, [ no builtin flash ]
$107.50 in quantity of 20 (includes lot charge)

Very similar specs all around (I know nothing about the CPU differences).
So assuming a 64MB flash card can be had for <$10, that's about $20
savings per node for the WRAP2C over a net4526-30.

The die-cast outdoor boxes look cool, maybe some additional savings there
if you can do without the LMR/other cable and connect the antenna directly
to a bulkhead connector on the box as shown in pics of boxes here:
http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/c.ACCT127230/sc.8/category.19/.f

or

http://www.pcengines.ch/wrapbox.pdf

Bill