[CUWiN-Dev] Re: Node Specifications ...

Patrick patrick at bvwireless.net
Wed Mar 16 17:03:28 CST 2005

Don't kill the messenger, but ... our cost analysis is more like a $65
savings per unit.

We used an apples to apples comparison (i.e., SOEKRIS 4826-50 with
identical CPU ... 266 MHz National Geode ... and memory 128 MB and single
LAN port). In a lot of 10-19 the SOEKRIS price is $186. When we ordered
directly from PCEngines, we specified WRAP.2C w/ 1 LAN and 128 MB SDRAM
(even though our very tight linux kernel only requires 8 MB and it is a
dual radio router with cross radio routing on board to interconnect the
11a backhaul links with the 11b/g AP links). In a lot of 10, the PCEngines
price is $110.

QED about $65 dollars in savings. (with a $10 CF memory).

In addition, PCEngines has been more professional and helpful with support
(translation ... they don't seem to jerk us around like SOEKRIS has done
... so far).

-Patrick