[CUWiN-Dev] LMR400 industrial grade explaination Re: CU-Wireless-Dev Digest, Vol 11, Issue 17

Rick Elnor Rick at nixbased.com
Thu Mar 17 14:13:43 CST 2005

To Patrick with regard to message #3

Ya, I've already figured that out I was just putting the comments out
their for anyone else. It's better to have overkill then underkill
anyway meaning if they have the LMR use it if not then they could use
something else assuming its just a pigtail run. We've actually worked it
out with Jef Brink (the RF engineer with Rogers, Telus etc.) I agree
with you I just didn't know the length of cable that post was in
referance to which was the point of "If I missed something I apologize
for being off base(probably am as I havn't seen the location)."  The
real issue with having the radio on a 100 foot tower is accessability,
nobody wants to climb a tower in the dead of winter which is where the
idea of keeping the failsafe on the ground comes in. It's really a catch 22.

thanks for the concern though