[CUWiN-Dev] 802.11b PCI 2.1 cards Re: CU-Wireless-Dev Digest, Vol 11, Issue 19

Patrick patrick at bvwireless.net
Sat Mar 19 07:12:11 CST 2005

James,

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but maybe another option
for you is to use a wireless bridge that connects to an ethernet port
(just about any old clunker PC has an ethernet port that works).

For our people who have an old desktop, we recommend a DLINK 810+, which
can be had for relatively little mula if you should around, and we
configure it to talk to our 802.11b/g access points.

There's also a DLINK G810 and G820, but those models are newer, pricier,
and more than our customers need. Linksys WET11 or WET54 are also wireless
bridges, but the RF range doesn't seem to be as good in our testing.

-Patrick