[CUWiN-Dev] Re: much simpler upgrades

tom tom at anotherwastedday.com
Sat Mar 19 10:21:09 CST 2005

I went by the node at 707 Race last night just to see how far I could get,
but ran into the expected problem of not being able to identify the exact IP
address of the node. I could see both the cuwireless.net and cuw networks,
but short of doing an ip scan on the entire range (169.254.0.0 to
169.254.254.254, which would take forever) I couldn't think of a good way to
determine the node's IP.

This idea of turning a laptop into a mobile node seems promising, so I
thought I would try it out. Using the 0.5.5 image that's on the
cuwireless.net page, I made a bootable CD and booted to it, but after
announcing its doing the primary bootstrap it just sits there. I seem to
recall that it's supposed to take a while, but how long are talking? What's
supposed to happen, will it give me a command line?

Tom