[CUWiN-Dev] Re: much simpler upgrades

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Mar 21 16:05:30 CST 2005

> 1. I thought the cuwireless.net SSID corresponded to a 169.254 address
> and cuw to 10.0 - is that not true? I mostly saw cuwireless.net SSIDs,
> but 10.0 addresses. I don't know when the IP switch took place, so maybe
> its not related to the SSID switch at all.

yes, could someone fill me in on what's going on with this?

> 2. Outside of 707 Race I picked up what appeared to be almost a dozen
> cuwireless.net nodes - all with similar mac addresses. Is this due to
> one of the nodes changing its mac around? I don't think there should be
> that many visible from there.
>
> 3. I'm going to start compiling a list of the nodes' IP addresses as I
> figure out what's what. Where's the best place to put this, on the wiki?

we should put this on the private wiki.  here's some info i've gathered
and thought i'd pass along to help get things started:

Jeanne: 10.0.130.67
Laura: 10.30.16.254; 10.0.216.151; 10.0.101.147 (?) (or is this zach's)
Zach: 10.0.187.36
Nicole: 10.0.216.146 (verify); 10.48.141.254 (wired)
Jared: 10.0.130.66
Che: 63.146.38.195
Anacroatan: 10.0.132.44
John & Ivy's: 10.0.216.147
Mike Lehman:  10.0.216.145
Leigh: 10.0.132.78
Danielle: 10.0.59.155
Rosemary: 10.0.168.178
IMC: 10.0.111.141
Paul K.: 10.0.12.47
Scott Robinson: 10.0.130.64
CUWiN: 10.0.130.100
City Building: 10.0.216.143
John & Ivy: 10.0.
?????????: 10.77.62.254

> I'm going out of town this afternoon through Sunday, so I'll continue
> trying things once I get back.

Definitely keep us posted,

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst