Fwd: Re: [CUWiN-Dev] Atheros Chip Set

Peter Barry barpeter1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 12:40:23 CST 2005

I am using an Atheros chip set radio (5354 MP PLUS ARIES2).

I tested the transmission distance and found out that  they did not transmit for more than 150 feet (I used good antennas).
My question:
Do I need to set one of the following parameters manually?
# sysctl hw.ath
>   hw.ath.hal.swba_backoff: 0
>   hw.ath.hal.sw_brt: 10
>   hw.ath.hal.dma_brt: 2
>   hw.ath.hal.version: 0.9.14.9
>   hw.ath.debug: 0
>   hw.ath.regdomain: 0
>   hw.ath.countrycode: 0
>   hw.ath.xchanmode: 1
>   hw.ath.outdoor: 1
>   hw.ath.calibrate: 30
>   hw.ath.dwell: 200

Can regdomain be set-up be the same method?

How can I increase the outdoor transmission distance?
Thanks,
           Peter.