[CUWiN-Dev] Tentative drum roll... New CUWiN site mock-up now online:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Mar 25 19:13:20 CST 2005

> As a developer, it is important that I can
>
>        * get to the "root" of web-browsable source code in one click

this is in place.  one first needs to log in as a user that has edit privs
on the site.  but once a user does that, you can just click the "edit"
link on any content to be taken to the root source for the content.  you
then just drop in html, non-html, quasi-html, even php and you're done.

>        * start downloading a .tgz or a boot-image in two clicks
>          (the bozotic SourceForge site accounts for about half the
>           clicks; if we have to screen-scrape SourceForge for its mirror
>           URLs to get an adequate interface)

cool -- i've passed this along to steven (no promises on the sourceforge
problem, but we'll see what we can do).

>        * get to all the docs in one click (now they're spread
>          across two or more pages)

let me know the URLs for the pages you want to combine and we'll put them
all under the documentation page.

>        * find the particular doc I am looking for (CUWiN software
>          specs, grant text, "Further Reading") quickly

you should be able to use the search box on the website to find what
you're looking for.  if specific pages aren't showing up, we can add key
words to those posts.

> Let's return to (c) CUWiN.  Then we can wait for somebody ask us to
> re-use our materials before we take the time to figure out a license.

will do.

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst