[CUWiN-Dev] Tentative drum roll... New CUWiN site mock-up now online:

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sat Mar 26 02:35:52 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 07:13:20PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> >As a developer, it is important that I can
> >
> >       * get to the "root" of web-browsable source code in one click
>
> this is in place.  one first needs to log in as a user that has edit privs

I am talking about our software source code.

> >       * start downloading a .tgz or a boot-image in two clicks
> >         (the bozotic SourceForge site accounts for about half the
> >          clicks; if we have to screen-scrape SourceForge for its mirror
> >          URLs to get an adequate interface)
>
> cool -- i've passed this along to steven (no promises on the sourceforge
> problem, but we'll see what we can do).
>
> >       * get to all the docs in one click (now they're spread
> >         across two or more pages)
>
> let me know the URLs for the pages you want to combine and we'll put them
> all under the documentation page.

All the docs under "Technical Docs," the 2nd OSI
benchmark, and the substantial docs in the directory
<http://svn.cuwireless.net:8080/svn/cuw/trunk/doc/local/> should be
organized under "Further Reading," "Design Documents," etc.  I will plug
links into the doco page if somebody will set me up with an account and
give a tutorial on Drupal.

> >       * find the particular doc I am looking for (CUWiN software
> >         specs, grant text, "Further Reading") quickly
>
> you should be able to use the search box on the website to find what
> you're looking for.  if specific pages aren't showing up, we can add key
> words to those posts.

I should not have written that in the first person. :-) Where do I tell
somebody else to go to find a particular document quickly, when they
don't know precisely what they're looking for?