[Cu-wireless] NetStumbling map..

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Mon Apr 1 23:23:29 CST 2002

ALO-wifi is Auler Law Offices, corner of Race and Green.

Tsunami might belong to SkyNET, or whichever WISP serves 402 S. Race
and the house at the corner of Illinois and S. Broadway.

Will NetStumbler tell you the manufacturer of the transmitter?

Dave

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 10:59:03PM -0600, stephane_alnet at ureach.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started doing some data collection around town last week and this
> week-end. I've put my initial results in a map-like output here:
>
> http://mapper.shimaore.net/Mapper/wireless/index.html
>
> For now, the 'map' is an HTML table with inline pictures. You'll see
> colored "crosses" on the images; each symbol's color is dictated by the
> SSID reported by NetStumbler (i.e. same color = same station/ wireless
> card); the size of the symbol is related to the signal power. An "ALT"
> entry shows the network names present in each picture.
>
> Downtown Urbana is on the far right; you'll recognize Race Street pretty
> easily because there's a whole green area that says "imcair". ;)  Left
> side is (top to bottom) close to our apartment (Kenwood south of
> Springfield), then Mattis, then (bottom) Fox drive north of Windsor (my
> morning commute for whose who wonder :] ).
>
> I'll be adding more data as I collect them; if you have a dataset you want
> me to add, please use the "Export" function of NetStumbler, export as
> "text", and send me the output as an attachment. :)
>
> Stéphane

David Young             OJC Art & Technology
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933