[Cu-wireless] power supply wish

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Tue Apr 16 15:53:29 CDT 2002

I want an affordable device that will convert 110AC to 48VDC power and
inject it into the unused pairs on an Ethernet cable. I want a second
affordable device that will draw 48VDC power from Ethernet and produce
stable outputs for an ATX motherboard. Does anyone know of such devices?

By affordable, I mean bought for less than $30.

If some assembly is required, that's ok, but I would probably start a
fire trying to build and troubleshoot a power supply from scratch.

Have we any electronics hobbyists on the list?

Among the power supplies hobbyists have built for MP3 players in their
car, there are a few supplies that are almost suitable, but they cannot
be bought, and I do not know how to modify the designs. I will produce
URLs on request.

David Young             OJC Art & Engineering
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933