[Cu-wireless] Updated map (2)

stephane_alnet at ureach.com stephane_alnet at ureach.com
Sun Apr 14 22:29:41 CDT 2002

News:

- replaced the little arrows with circles showing the "-80dB radius";

- the outer circles (lighter colors) shows the same thing taking into
account GPS location error (as requested by Mark ;D ). It doesn't account
for errors due to speed of the vehicle (about 15m), but I'm not sure
that really matter at that point...

To put it short, the goal was for the circles to show the area in which
the AP is supposed to be located. You can guess my maths are fuzzy at
best(*). :)  On the bright side, the diameter of the inner circle is
somehow related to the measured power. And the map looks way more
attractive, I think.

I also added links (click on the images) to the map (topo & aerial) I
already had, to help people locate where things are.

HTH,
S.

Same URL: http://mapper.shimaore.net/Mapper/wireless/index.html

(*) If somebody as a better formula than d = 10^((-80dB-signaldB)/-20) for
the radius of the inner circle, I'll gladly accept it!