[Cu-wireless] organize!

niteshad at whopper.de niteshad at whopper.de
Thu Apr 25 17:49:54 CDT 2002

I agree with Zach and others that we need a bit more organization in order
to make better use of our resources, interact with the community (be they
the general public or ISPs).  However, I have enjoyed what Sascha called, at
the last meeting, our anarcho-syndicalism.  I think that we should actively
keep in mind this structure, which mirrors the structure of the network we
want to implement, when we consider how we will organize.
	I support Zach's idea of a dedicated Seminar/Theory meeting.  However,
rather than arbitrarily assigning a time to it, I suggest that we poll the
list for candidate times.  It may also be a good idea to re-evaluate the time
for our Sunday work meetings.  Perhaps there is another time which still
works for the regular members, but would allow others greater opportunity to
participate.
	Finally, I suggest that we maintain a running discussion of what the
project or agenda we will tackle at the next General meeting, so that everyone
involved will know what's to be done before they show up to the meeting.
(Yes, the to-do list is forthcoming on the web page, Sascha.)
	The one problem that I forsee is in the area of incorporating CU-Wireless
for the purposes of receiving donations of either money or hardware.  Such
incorporation, even as a 503(c) non-profit, would impose a structure on the
group that would be anti-thetical to our current anarcho-syndicalist model.

Just my $0.02.

regards,

Mark

--