[Cu-wireless] proposals updated

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Apr 26 19:17:30 CDT 2002

* Move the General Meeting to Tuesdays. Good idea or bad? Although not
  everyone can make Tuesdays, not everyone can make Sunday's either, can
  more of us make Tuesdays than Sundays? If you think Tuesdays are a bad
  idea please list all the days you think would be better.

* Move the General Meeting nominally to Zach's House, with change of
  venue possible based on other people's offers to host or based on
  seminar topics and needs for space to accomodate seminar topics or
  based on field trip to see other wireless installations. Zach
  volunteers to coordinate the organization of the general
  meetings. Good idea or bad? If you think this is a bad idea please
  suggest an alternative plan for organizing and locating the general
  meetings.

* General Meetings will always have food. Either potluck, cooked by
  the host, or ordered and paid for by the meeting attendees, or a
  combination thereof. Good idea or bad?

* General Meeting will consist of a 30 minute report back from
  Affinity Groups and a new member orientation followed by a
  seminar/lecture/hands on demonstration of some technology or skill
  useful for building wireless networks. Good idea or bad?

* Encourage the formation of Affinity Groups using the General Meeting
  and the website as a central organizational point for these groups
  to get themselves together and to interact. All affinity groups and
  their meeting schedules will be announced at the general meetings,
  and posted at the IMC and on the website.

Lets try to reach consensus on organizing our group. This isn't a
"vote" that I'm proposing so much as a weighing in of all interested
parties. What do you think? I think we should have our normal general
meeting on Sunday and talk about this stuff there as well as here on
email.