[Cu-wireless] testing @ sascha's; meeting?

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Wed Aug 14 11:01:07 CDT 2002

Two things:

1 Last night Sascha and I started up his wireless node and went walking
with my laptop. We were able to get signal at a potential second node
about a block away. Considering that we were using the laptop's built-in
antenna at street level, I think we will have no problem receiving the
signal using a second 8dBi omni at roof level, especially considering
that our omnis cast most their energy in a plane at roof level.

2 Shall we have a meeting tomorrow at my office, 6pm?

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933