[Cu-wireless] progress ; contributions, please ; meeting?

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Mon Aug 26 16:20:23 CDT 2002

I have finished implementing the new network design on the CD-ROM,
I think.  I've yet to burn a CD-ROM. Stephane and I should do some
interoperability tests, first.

Shall we have a meeting on Thursday? I do not think my office is
available this week. Is there any alternative venue?

There are some parts and supplies we will need as we install at more
homes. Please consider contributing to the purchase price of

  1 Recordable CD-ROMs. I have about depleted my supply. We might save
    some money using re-recordable CD-ROMs. I have never used
    re-recordables before w/ cdrecord. Is it pretty simple?

  2 Mast mounting hardware. Masts are easy to mount to walls, roofs,
    and chimneys, using equipment from Radio Shack, however, we do not
    have any hardware suitable for mounting our omni antennas on masts.
    I can recommend suitable mounts costing just $5-$6.

  3 Weatherproofing kits for N connectors. You can buy a kit consisting
    of mastic tape, electrical tape, and heat shrink from fab-corp.com.
    (Remember that they offered us a discount.) Also, we will need a
    heat gun, torch, or high-power blow dryer for applying heat shrink.

  4 A 40-foot ladder for getting on top of roofs.

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933