[Cu-wireless] firewall rules, tunneling

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Mon Dec 9 01:34:31 CST 2002

Here are two really interesting tasks which I wish I had time to work on.
Will somebody take these from me?

1 We need some firewall rules to protect the subscriber side of our nodes.
  If you want to go the extra mile, find a teeny-tiny Web server that
  will serve up an easy-to-use firewall configurator on the subscriber
  side.

2 For subscribers' privacy, we need for some brave soul to invent a
  secure scheme for tunneling over wireless to a tunnel server which is
  attached to the Internet. I can point you to docs to get you started on
  NetBSD. I imagine the tunnel server will be a Linux machine at Zach's.

dyoung at ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933