[Cu-wireless] progress report

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Fri Feb 1 18:34:07 CST 2002

I have built a NetBSD box with Sascha's Lucent PCI->CardBus bridge and
one of Peter's Lucent PC Cards. My idea is to put this in the front
room at OJC and serve the 100 block of Main Street, including the Cinema
Cafe.

Trouble is that NetBSD's wi driver will not enable 802.11b-standard
adhoc mode, but only Lucent's "adhoc demo mode." Adhoc demo mode is not
appropriate for our purposes.

Saturday afternoon, Peter and I are going to fix the wi driver. We
will compare with the analogous driver for Linux to figure out how wi
is broken.

Dave

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:42:19PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 3 items real quick:
>
> 1.  Our next meeting will start out at the IMC (218 West Main St. in
> downtown Urbana) at 1:30 SHARP -- we'll be fanning out from there fairly
> quickly, so come on time or you may get left behind.
>
> 2.  Could folks who've been doing various projects please update us -- and
> put on-list issues, concerns, and problems you're having.  Our list if
> full of people who may have the answers you're looking for and I'd like
> everyone to have a feel for what we're all doing.
>
> 3.  Next Wednesday (February 6, 2002), we've been invited to visit Prof.
> Kumar's wireless lab.  He's a local guy who's doing research in wireless
> technology.  If anyone wants to come let me know we'll meet in the CSL
> lobby at 11 a.m.
>
> Let me know,
>
> --Sascha

David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933