[Cu-wireless] 2/17/02 Wireless Update:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at onthejob.net
Sun Feb 17 18:11:56 CST 2002

Hi All,

Mark, Dave and I spent the afternoon building two more nodes -- one is
fully functional and the second only needs a pcmcia card and bridge to be
fully operational.  This means that we now have two fully operational
nodes in total and an additional one that we'll have up and running as
soon as we get the hardware.

The IMC is fully wireless already; I will be putting one of the nodes in
my apartment; the OJC node is still here (though Cinema has closed for
them moment); the third (almost complete node) will be at Maiko's; and
hopefully Zach will be turning his house wireless very soon.  This means
that we will have most of the elements in place to create a wireless
backbone down the Race Street Corridor very soon.

Stay tuned, and as always, come to the IMC every Sunday at 1:30 to take
part in our weekly working meetings.

--Sascha