[Cu-wireless] 2nd call: pigtails and antennas.

niteshad at whopper.de niteshad at whopper.de
Sun Mar 3 21:56:34 CST 2002

After the wireless meeting today, which basically consisted of Dave Young
and I websurfing for antenna parts, I checked out the wireless supplies at
IMC and was apalled at what I found.  There were far fewer Pringles can
antennas than I recall us making, far fewer pringles cans than we had at one time,
and a general lack of useful antenna parts.  In addition, one of the
partially assembled pringles cans had its Yagi elements thrust too far down its
throat, and a new Pringles lid placed on top.  To summarize: it was damaged.

	I think it is time for us to reassemble and possibly restock our
inventory.  If anyone out there reading this list has a Pringles can antenna, or
other gear from the CU-wireless project, please let us know by posting to the
list.  Right now, we know that we are missing one fully assembled,
weatherproofed (installed inside of PVC pipe) Pringles Can antenna, one of the
original red pringles can antennas with a length of LMR-400 co-ax cable and
connector attached, and I believe that a couple other completed, or near completed
pringles can antennas are missing as well.
	Once again, if you have any of this stuff in your possession, please let
us know.

best regards,

Mark Lenigan

--