[Cu-wireless] general update:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 5 12:18:14 CST 2002

i found the second pigtail inside one of our routers this morning and
took our prototype weather-proof pringles-can antenna from the imc last
night.  here's what i now have at my house:

3 working nodes (2 w/ pcmcia cards/pci bridges & 1 w/ dw-520 pci card)
2 pringles-can antennas (1 weather-proofed & 1 basic)
2 pigtails

1 router is completely set up and running at my house and we hope to
connect this with maiko's house very soon.  this link will use up
everything except for the 1 working node with the 520 pci card.

also, zach and dave have been really hard at work building 2 more
weather-proofed antennas to connect zach's to maiko's.  thus far we have
the following system (please correct this if you have updates):

1. zach's to maiko's (antenna's under construction & nodes existant -- we
need one more card for maiko's node)

2. maiko's to sascha's (everything built -- should be finished soon)

3. sascha's to corner of race & main (needs second card at sascha's node,
and repeater or node at race&main)

4. race&main to IMC (IMC node built and running, nothing built at
race&main site)

these 5 links should provide a prototype network along race between
washington and main st.  they will probably come online as follows:
1. sascha & maiko link
2. zach & maiko link
3. IMC & race&main link
4. sascha & race&main link

overall, we have nodes as sascha's, maiko's, zach's, and race&main covered
(zach has a laptop he'll convert & we have 3 routers at my house) -- what
we need most of all are pigtails (which should get covered by dave's
order), and more weather-proofed antennas (and antenna mounts).  we're
getting much closer.

keep the faith,

--sascha