[Cu-wireless] status update

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Mar 19 10:52:09 CST 2002

In case folks are wondering where things stand with our budding
wireless testbed:

Sascha's house now has an antenna mast with a weatherproofed pringles
can mounted on the side of his house with a LMR-400 cable (about 15
feet) crimped and strung to his office.

We have purchased mounting brackets and guy wire to mount a mast on
the roof of my house. We will be doing some work at Maiko's house this
week. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks we'll have all 4 weather
proofed pringles can antennas deployed across three locations and we
can do some point to point signal quality testing over time. I want to
solve issues of bandwidth and signal quality before we worry too much
about routing prptocols and standards.

All the useful equipment (including Peter's tool bag) has been moved to
Sascha's place.  All the random junk as well as several unused
antennas are at my house.  Mike L's tall orange ladder is in my
garage.  I have one of the NCSA wireless cards.