[Cu-wireless] channels and cables

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Mar 25 15:18:03 CST 2002

If we have 2 antennas mounted on a mast pointing in 2 different
directions and they operate on 2 different channels can we combine
their signals into a single coax run to the computer with 2 wifi cards
and then put a splitter at the computer end with 2 pigtails? This
could save some money and hassle (especially if we work to put in good
coax installs at some houses for a single antenna and then decide to
add a second antenna later...we don't have to run new coax, just throw
on a combiner/splitter pair).

What do the theory heads think about this? Can signals for 2 channels
from 2 antennas coexist on the same coax without significant loss?