[Cu-wireless] architecture proposal

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Sat May 4 18:07:11 CDT 2002

The only free DHCP server I can find is ISC's.  I think we will need to
hack it no matter what we do. It appears it is not even able to assign
numbers from our "home schema". That would be ok, except that it does
not have hooks for outside programs to assign numbers, either.  It is
amazing that such a gargantuan program as ISC dhcpd is so inflexible.

There is a Java library for sending/receiving DHCP messages that may
suit us, http://www.dhcp.org/javadhcp/.

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933