[Cu-wireless] architecture proposal

David Young dyoung at onthejob.net
Sun May 5 04:49:42 CDT 2002

I was mistaken. There is no need to hack a DHCP server.  In fact, we
will use DHCP in a very conventional way.

An HTTP server will suffice to serve the configuration database.  Version
1 of the configuration database needn't be very complicated at all.

Tomorrow I will burn and test the first CD from my read-only hard
drive, just to get the process down.  The CD will not bootstrap from the
configuration database because the database is not written.  It will not
route because I have not gotten with someone who knows OSPF so that we
can configure Zebra's OSPF daemon together.

Right now I feel like we will have a usable boot CD in a week and a
simple server in a week. But maybe that is just what it feels like to
be awake at 4:45 in the morning.

Dave