[Cu-wireless] antenna shootout

todd chatman criticalmass at mowabb.com
Mon May 6 20:28:41 CDT 2002

You all might be aware of this, or far beyond it, but here's a page
comparing different types of homemade antennae.

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/has.html

Also, I'm considering getting a DSL line. If I eventually wanted to
share my connection (say, with my neighbors, if not with your growing
network) would I need a static IP address? Is there someone besides
Ameritech I should look at for this? If it makes any difference, my
house is at 304 W. Washington (about a block west of Race), so it's
possible (though not likely, if line of sight is required) I might
someday be able to hook into your Race St. corridor. Just a thought.

Thanks.

-toddc