DSL <was Re: [Cu-wireless] antenna shootout>

Ben Freid freid at uiuc.edu
Tue May 7 11:53:03 CDT 2002

Speaking of DSL, I received a call yesterday of a very good DSL deal
through Ameritech.  They are offering 1-year of DSL service for ~$30 /
month for a "limited time".  1.5 Mbs download, 126 kbs upload.  The rep
that called me said that you could keep the DSL modem after this time,
too.  It sounds almost too good to be true, but I'm still pursuing it as a
replacement for my cable modem.  Any one else get hit up with this deal?

Ben.

>Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 21:36:31 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Ralph Johnson <johnson at cs.uiuc.edu>
>To: criticalmass at mowabb.com, cu-wireless at lists.groogroo.com
>Subject: Re: [Cu-wireless] antenna shootout
>
>You do not need a static IP address to share your DSL line
>with others.  However, you probably *should* check your
>agreement with your ISP.  Usually it has some limit on
>what you can do with it, and it might prohibit sharing.
>However, some agreements allow sharing.  They are usually
>more expensive.
>
>-Ralph Johnson

[ Benjamin Freid.                         http://www.uiuc.edu/~freid ]
[ Curriculus Studius Maximus                  a.k.a. College Student ]
[ Computer Engineering                       http://www.ece.uiuc.edu ]
[ Marching Illini, Flugelhorn           http://www.bands.uiuc.edu/MI ]