[Cu-wireless] our webpage:

Ken Caruso ken at ipl31.net
Tue May 7 19:38:29 CDT 2002

PHPNuke is a really easy install and has alot of options,the only thing
I dont care for is the rash of security problems that php has had. I
believe PHPNuke has had some security issues itself however I have not
paid attention to severity and how quickly they get patched.

I run the http://freenetworks.org site, and we started with slashcode
(ala slashdot) switched over to full wiki, and we have finally settled
on scoop, http://scoop.kuro5hin.org which uses mod_perl and we are
keeping the wikki around for legacy. The thing I like about scoop is
that users can vote on which stories get posted to their respective
sections or the front page.

I will be the first to admit though, scoop installation can be a real
pain in the butt, PHPNuke has usually taken me no more than 5-10 minutes
to get the site up and running where as I spent hours the first time I
used scoop.

Anyways, been subscribed to the list for a while but never posted (that
I can remember) so I just figured I would say hi!

Ken Caruso
kenc at seattlewireless.net