[Cu-wireless] HostAP mode for NetBSD

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Sun May 19 01:57:43 CDT 2002

Tonight I got HostAP mode to work on NetBSD. There is lots left to do.

One thing about HostAP mode is that it will send 802.11 beacons for
you automatically. This is not desirable if we will ever use the point
coordination function (PCF), because it is in the beacons that an AP
tells other stations when the contention-free period (CFP) is. I have a
hunch that you can set the beacon interval to 0 and then transmit your
own beacons with the PCF information. However, I cannot find anywhere
on the Web that anyone says they've done this.

dyoung at onthejob.net     Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933