[Cu-wireless] PrismII/Linksys WPC11 on Soekris Net4521

stephane at shimaore.net stephane at shimaore.net
Fri Oct 4 14:31:45 CDT 2002

> Not even a bad soul has mapped the coverage. =) Note that coverage at
> street-level will be a little misleading, since our antennas cast their
> energy from rooftops to the horizon.

If anybody has a mast-mounted omni I guess I could use it. But at the same
time I like the idea of measuring what the "average person in the street"
would get. ;-O

> Hopefully Sascha and I will install at IMC this weekend. I will ask him
> when he gets back from lunch.

Sounds good. I've printed out a map and I put 152 datapoints on it. That's
about one every 100ft (30/40m) or so on the various streets around the two
existing nodes and the IMC, up to about 400ft from each. At 30s/1mn per
point (stabilize GPS, scan for 25s, move) that should give two hours of
data collection. Between that and mapping the data once back home, my
Sunday afternoon is gone. :-]

S.