[Cu-wireless] how much power does a PC draw?

by way of Illustrious niteshad <niteshad at whopper.de> niteshad at whopper.de
Thu Oct 24 13:58:21 CDT 2002

When I first started using Linux, I ran my old Packard Bell P150 for a
month straight to see what effect it would have on my power bill.  IIRC, it only
drew approximately 60-100W-months.  Something to consider, however is the
wireless card.  I know that my laptop's batteries only last about 2/3 of the
time with the Orinoco card installed, compared to no wireless card
installed.  Have you considered what the power draw might be from the 180 mW Prism-2
Card?

Another possibility is that teh power supply is getting long in the tooth
and several of the resistors, etc. are no longer in tolerance.  As a result,
it may be less efficient than when it was new; or rather, more efficient at
turning electricity into heat than when it was new.

regards,

Mark

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net