[Cu-wireless] major interference

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 28 22:45:58 CDT 2003

Mark,
Yeah, I remember that. They are a weird bunch, as a rule. I don't see
anything unsafe about it. These guys don't mind sitting next to big
transmitters, but they get freqed-out (pun intended) by a little spread
spectrum. Must be why I still don't have an amateur license...

But, it occured to me that this might be one way to get them interested.
They always like to go after anybody they even _think_ is operating
illegally, because I think it's pretty much the only exciting thing that
hams do anymore. Just an idea that might subvert them into the wireless
fold in some way, if all else fails.
Mike