[Cu-wireless] major interference

Illustrious niteshad niteshad at linuxmail.org
Thu Aug 28 19:05:24 CDT 2003

Normally, I'd agree, but Dave Young had mentioned that a group of the local hams in Urbana had some sort of inexplicable antipathy towards our lil' ol' 2.4 GHz network.  IIRC, they claimed that using 2.4 GHz was "inherently unsafe."

Then again, all that we need is for someone to go war-driving/war-walking with a directional antenna (Pringles can, *cough* *cough*) along a baseline, and we should be able to pin-point the evil-doer quite well ourselves.  That's pretty much how the Motor City Radio Club pinpoints sources when they play "the Fox and the Hounds" during their annual field day.

regards,

Mark