[Cu-wireless] kernel problem (i think)

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Aug 29 13:28:09 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 08:24:30PM -0500, Madhur Nigam wrote:
> btw i even used the 12th aug build and still PB stops at the same place.
> this means that atleast our 24th aug build and 12th aug build behave very
> similarly

Maybe I have misunderstood. Did the 12 August build once boot the
Packard-Bell? Put another way, do you have any CD-ROM at all that still
boots the Packard-Bell?

If any CD-ROM used to boot the Packard-Bell which does not now, I don't
think it's a software issue.

Have you tried to boot from a floppy instead of the CD-ROM?  That could
help rule out bitrot caused by faulty media or a touchy drive.