[Cu-wireless] two pressing development needs

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Wed Dec 3 23:36:29 CST 2003

Higher priority first,

  * We need some way to reliably get logs off the nodes.
    Stephane's suggestion of good ol' SMTP is a good one. It looks
    like it will take about 1.75MB to retain postfix, and there are
    log-rotating programs that can be used to send e-mails (for example,
    sysutils/logrot in the NetBSD Packages Collection).

  * We need a plan for improving routing on the network. Shortest-path
    routing will not last us much longer, but I think that if we're
    clever we can keep on using OSPF with differently-weighted links.
    I can describe the problem and a few possible solutions in a
    face-to-face meeting. This weekend, maybe?