[Cu-wireless] Re: community wireless in NC

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 10:44:13 CST 2003

I don't have time to look over their documentation, but I believe that a
"Rural Internet Access Authority" may have some connection to or be
copied from the existing struture of rural eletrification coops. Thus
they may only be recognized in certain "underserved" areas, which is a
very relative concept with the oft times crappy service available from
current providers in our very non-rural cities. But things have been
changing in the REA area in the last few years and, if there is a
conenction between it and a "Rural Internet Access Authority," maybe
this is something that will be useful, even if only as a conceptual model.
Mike Lehman