[Cu-wireless] kernel problem (i think)

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sat Sep 6 12:31:54 CDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:19:18PM -0500, Madhur Nigam wrote:
> actually i was wondering since my computer otherwise boots netbsd but it
> doesnt do it with cu wireless build, did u make changes to the bsd kernel ?

It is a -current kernel, so it is different from a release kernel such
as 1.6 or 1.6.1. It is possible something was screwed up in -current
that day. In a more recent -current kernel, it is probably fixed.

> also is it possible then that i use the netbsd.gz file that actually works
> from the floppy and then just use the new CD build that we created on 24th
> Aug in your office. u think that will work or will it create some conflicts.

I do not expect for binaries compiled for a newer kernel to work with
an older kernel; the ABI changes.