[Cu-wireless] Tech Day. April 21st. Springfield. Be there.

Michael Brunelle brunelle at prairienet.org
Thu Apr 1 14:49:46 CST 2004

Tech Day is an informational/advocacy event being held in Springfield
on April 21st with the support of the Illinois Community Technology
Consortium and CTCnet Chicago.  The purpose of the day is to reinforce
the relevance and value of community technology centers and community
technology programs to general statewide policy initiatives.  We're
inviting representatives from community technology centers from across
the state to come and share their experiences with legislators and each
other, and we'd be pleased if you or someone from your organization
could attend - program participants are also welcome!  People will
start gathering for donuts and informal discussion between 10 and 11am
in room M1 in the Stratton Building (the bug ugly building just west of
the Capital).  At around 11am there will be a forum featuring speakers
from the state legislature, the Lt. Governor's office, and hopefully
someone from the Governor's office as well.  The afternoon is being
left more open for those attendees who wish to make appointments to
speak with elected representatives from their districts, but I'm also
hoping to organize a policy discussion/planning session to talk about
things like the Illinois Century Network, the Eliminate the Digital
Divide Fund, and broadband Internet access.  Please let me know if you
can make it!

Michael D. Brunelle
Technical Outreach Coordinator / ILCTC Circuit Rider
Prairienet Community Network
phone 217-718-4549, email brunelle at prairienet.org