[Cu-wireless] Tech Day. April 21st. Springfield. Be there.

Michael Brunelle brunelle at prairienet.org
Fri Apr 9 16:08:46 CDT 2004

So is anyone planning to come to this?

If you need more incentive to make the drive, I'm also inviting the
interim director of the Illinois Century Network to come and talk about
such things as how community organizations can get access to the ICN
infrastructure (a discussion that I hope can lead to promising things
like a cheap T1 for the UC-CWN).

Also, one our partners in the Illinois Community Technology Consortium
has recently been named to the Governor's taskforce on broadband, and
it would be great to bring the work happening in Urbana to his direct
attention so that the potential of this project can be clearly
communicated to policy makers at the state level.

Lunch will be free, and there may even be a lobbyist for the telecom
industry there that we can, um, talk nicely to about big DSL providers'
positions on bandwidth sharing :-)

--Mike